Rule question C-9

Class 5 Promo sport - extremely popular with youth ( and older ) on both sides of the Atlantic
Chat, debate, design and squabble all here ...........

Rule question C-9

Postby blake52 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:46 am

I'm trying to figure out what rule C-9 "The tubes of the chassis shall not be visible in the shape of the seat" means.The promos (Seagull and Airtrack)I have seen have the shape of the chassis clearly shaped into the seat which drops the seat over the tubes. Is that OK? I can post an image if my question is not clear.
blake52

Re: Rule question C-9

Postby Matthia S57 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:05 pm

The french version says 'Les tubes du châssis ne sont pas apparents dans le siège.'. I think this means that the tubes shouldn't be visible in the seat and not in the shape of the seat. So I'd rather think this is an error in the translation since the official specifications are written in french (except for class 5). I'm not completely sure of this so a second opinion would be usefull perhaps :)
Visit our website! ~ http://www.saubain.eu/
Matthia S57

Postby blake52 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm

That makes sense. I was pretty sure Seagull and Airtrack wouldn't make that big a mistake. It just eliminates yachts similar to the US fed 5 which has the frame inside the seat.
blake52

Postby Jo0Lz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:32 pm

YuP I'm guessing the lost on translation thing is right
As all the Airtrack and Seagull Promos who were here in Hoylake for the Eurpoean Championships last week clearly had the 'shape' of the Y frame visible in the inside/bottom of the seat/body and they were scrutineered as completely legal for the european competition
Jo0Lz
K747
Jo0Lz

Postby Alan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Yep - translation issue - not inside the seat is what they use.
www.ipksa.info For land based wind powered sports in Ireland
Alan

Return to CLASS Promo - Small wheels but big hearts