Info request from ITALY

Tell us about yourself, where and what you sail - Add your beach to the Beaches section of the FISLY site too

Info request from ITALY

Postby Nicola » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:20 am

Hi everybody,
my name is Nicola Marozzi, I'm writing on behalf of a group of Class 8 pilots scattered throughout the Italian territory.

For several years, we feel the absence of an Italian Association that care to organize races in Italy and who is entitled to licensing pilots for National and International competitions.
In the past the only reference point for Class 8 pilots in Italy was the AIAT, now are about 4-5 years that this association has ceased to play any kind of activity.

For this reason would be our intention to create a new association formed by all the drivers who currently practice this discipline in Italy.

Inspired by the various European National Associations, we are already engaged in the translation of the FISLY Rules and Regulations, also we are creating a Class 8 Manual for Pilots on which to base the test for obtaining a regular National & International Driving License.

We would like to learn how to be officially recognized by FISLY.

Best regards!

Nicola Marozzi
Nicola

Re: Info request from ITALY

Postby Tom SCO19 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Nicola, It would be great to also see Italian race plates in international competitions again.

We, Scotland, are also a relatively new member within the FISLY.

Our application for corresponding membership consisted of a letter to the FISLY general committee, via the FISLY secretary, including copies of all our associations relevant documentation. This consisted of our associations; constitution, code of conduct, standing rules and regulations (including licensing procedure), general risk assessments, and our child protection policy.

You must also be advised that the wheels of the FISLY are not known for they're speed, it will take time (our application was 2 years before being confirmed officially) but I must say, that did not preclude us from entering into international competitions as our application had been submitted.

There is also a very strong representation of all kite buggy racing communities forming the 'Kite Buggy Association' which is continually reviewing and regulating kite buggy racing in general.

We, as a nation look forward to competing with yourselves on the international circuit in the coming years!

Welcome from Scotland!
Tom :)
Tom SCO19

Postby Alan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:46 pm

:D

Hi Nicola

Welcome to the FISLY forum and its great to hear that Italy has a growing class 8 fleet as well as an emerging sand yacht fleet.

Tom's advice and information is exactly along the lines of what you should do Nicola. I would also suggest that you contact Enrico Azzini who has attended lots of the FISLY events representing Italy over the years.
Enrico was at the FISLY General Assembly and world council meetings at this years World Championships in De Panne and he is very familiar with the workings of FISLY. This is Enricos blog site :arrow: http://ruotenelvento.wordpress.com/page/2/

Welcome and good to see Italy on the forum, your class 8 can start a discussion in Italian in the Class 8 section of the forum if you like .

Alan :roll:
www.ipksa.info For land based wind powered sports in Ireland
Alan

Postby Nicola » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for the quick answer, for now we are still in a constituent phase, when all documentation is ready we will be happy to send it to the FISLY secretary.

I know Enrico (here in the forum as "ruotenelvento") and he is already contributing to the creation of the new Italian association.

Hoping to be able to realize our idea soon...
...thanks & greetings to you.

Nicola
Nicola

Postby ruotenelvento » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:38 am

Hi there,
my name is Enrico Azzini and I live in Rome. I'm in landsailing since 2000, involved in promoting this and all the wind powered sports in Italy.

Great to see we have a FISLY forum now! I'm sure your suggestions will be very precious for us to go on. As Nicola wrote we're committed in setting up an Italian Association, eager to play our part in the big FISLY game.

So, while Nicola - together with all the Class 8 community - is sailing faster then ever working on every issue about kitebuggying...
Attachments
DSCN2407.JPG
DSCN2407.JPG (95.34 KiB) Viewed 29647 times
ruotenelvento

Postby ruotenelvento » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:42 am

... I'm climbing up over the slopy fields of the ISARR Italian translation for landsailing :D

Cheers - Enrico
Attachments
DSCN0401.JPG
DSCN0401.JPG (125.77 KiB) Viewed 29647 times
ruotenelvento

Postby ruotenelvento » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:10 pm

A first step. The main body of the Reglement International de Roulage et de Course has been translated in Italian. You can find it on http://ruotenelvento.wordpress.com/. Next step the translation of the annexes.

Cheers - Enrico
ruotenelvento

Return to Introduce Yourself to others